Saturday, January 17, 2009

CREEPS HAVE BABIES TOO

The job is going along really well. I'm learning pretty quickly. They like me, I like them, life is good. It is good to keep my mind so occupied. It's funny though. There are times when I still think of her during the day. When someone mentions being pregnant or a baby dying- I find myself thinking of her. My first day at work I was at a museum and I was looking at the things on the walls. There was a picture of a family, and it told about the children. It said they lost two babies. It caught my off guard. I had to catch my breath. I could instantly relate to those people, who have been dead for almost 100 years. But I could feel their pain. I wonder if I will always feel that way...
____________

There was also this creepy computer guy at my office today. He kept going on and on about his girlfriend having his baby and blah, blah, blah. All I could think of is, how is that guy getting a baby? But I guess, creeps have babies too.
____________

Things have settled with my friend. I just laid it all down and told her exactly how I felt. I felt like a ton of bricks have been lifted from me.
____________

Family life has been interesting to say the least. (My hubby and I are getting a long great. The problems aren't ours!) What do you do when you know a family member who you love has done something, and they are too embarassed to tell you? Do you bring it up? Or do you do what I've done and just not said anything? What do you do if it's still causing them problems more than a year later? Do you bring it up to help them out, or do you keep your mouth shut unless they ask for advice?

I know I'm being kind of vague, but it's not my story to tell so I don't feel comfortable sharing the information. All I can say is that there is someone who I am close to who is having a hard time right now, and I would like to help them. But I think they are afraid to come to me because they are embarassed to admit some things they have done. The thing is I already know what they did. I've known all along. I have just kept my mouth shut because I figured that if they wanted me to know they would have told me.

That do you think? Bring it up, or shut up?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I would vaguely bring it up saying that I feel like something is on his/her mind and he/she looks bothered (even if he/she doesn't) then offer to be there for that person if he/she ever want to talk. This may open the door. If the friend says nothing then I would stay out of it until he/she comes to me.... unless it was someone close like my sister, then I would ask her what the hell?....and bring up the direct subject. :)

-Connie Davis

hurting said...

Distance yourself from the friend and wait until she comes to you, keep negative people out of your space.