Friday, January 9, 2009

2008

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Lost a baby, almost died, lost an uncle

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
never do it because I stink at keeping them

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
several people I know had babies

4. Did anyone close to you die?
besides my baby? my uncle, my husband's friend, and my best friend's fiance

5. What countries did you visit?
the US

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Money, fertility

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 5th the day that my baby was born/died and the day I almost lost my life
October 5th the day they found my best friend's fiance dead, also my grandson's birthday

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
keeping my sanity, and I really mean that

9. What was your biggest failure?
I can't really think of anything

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
my uterus ruptured and I almost bled to death

11. What was the best thing you bought?
we got my son a really nice laptop for his birthday

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my mother- she took care of me when I needed her most (and I didn't even ask her to!)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
almost all of my friends, who I discovered were very self-centered

14. Where did most of your money go?
bills, bills, bills what else is there?

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
honestly? nothing

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Lullaby by the Dixie Chicks

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder? thinner or fatter? richer or poorer? sadder (although not as sad as I could be), I weigh about the same, and I'm (hopefully) getting richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
praying

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
crying

20. How did you spend Christmas?
with family

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
with my hubby, all the time

22. How many one-night stands?
zero

23. What was your favorite TV program?
house, psych, monk, the soup, prison break

24. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn’t dislike this time last year?
no

25. What was the best book you read?
I don't think I finished any books this year

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Music of Led Zeppelin, that was really interesting

27. What did you want and get?
I survived my surgery

28. What did you want and not get?
I think we all know the answer to that one

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I'm not sure. I love almost every movie I see

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to the bar w/ family and friends (too much fun) I turned 32

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
a living baby

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
pajama casual ;)

33. What kept you sane?
God

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I'm not sure, but Wentworth Miller from Prison Break is pretty yummy

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
the whole election was pretty mesmerizing

36. Who did you miss?
who do you think?

37. Who was the best new person you met?
my new friend Lee Ann. She's great.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008?
I'm stronger than I think.


39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

Go ahead and take your best shot,
Let 'er rip, give it all you've got,
I'm laid out on the floor,
but I've been here before,

I may stumble, yeah I might fall,
Only human aren't we all?
I might lose my way,
but hear me when i say,

I will stand back up,
Youll know just the moment when ive have enough,
Sometimes im afraid, and i dont feel that tough,
But I'll stand back up,

I've been beaten up and bruised,
I've been kicked right off my shoes,
Been down on my knees
more times than youd believe,

When the darkness tries to get me,
Theres a light that just wont let me,
It might take my pride,
and my tears may fill my eyes,

But I'll stand back up,
I've weathered all these stroms,
But i just turn them into wind, so i can fly,
What dont kill you makes you stronger,
When I take my last breath,
Thats when I'll just give up,

So, go ahead to take your best shot,
Let 'er rip, give it all you've got,
You might win this round but you cant keep me down,
'Cause I'll stand back up,

And you'll know just the moment when ive had enough,
Sometimes im afraid and I dont feel that tough,
But I'll stand back up,
Youll know just the moment when ive had enough,
Sometimes I'm afraid and I dont feel that tough,
But I'll stand back up.

Stand Back Up- Sugarland

No comments: