Saturday, July 12, 2008

How many kids do you have?

How in the heck do you answer that question? I feel like if I exclude Brenna I am betraying her, but if I don't include her I am lying. A family friend asked me that at my uncle's funeral and before I could even think to answer my dad jumped in and said, just one, a son. I know he probably meant well. I'm sure he was trying to spare me the awkwardness of answering, but it ticked me off not only because of Brenna, but because I have a stepdaughter also who I always consider my daughter. It's such a hard question, and I'm wondering how other people answer it. I just don't know what to say.

FYI- I put a new ticker up at the top of the blog. I had to add it because I LOVE that angel. I like to think that is what she would look like. If anyone knows how I can copy and/or print that off my computer please let me know. I want to add it to her memory box.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I emailed it to you. What a beautiful vision. I have a tough time amswering that question but even a tougher time with those who assume that I "only" have two because those are the only two with me in body. (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

You say I have 1 daughter who is an angel 1 daughter here and a son who is here as well.... Even my children dont exclude Kelley, ITs hard but I know it makes me feel better when I answer it that way...

B's Mom said...

Kristi~ THANK YOU so much. You're such a sweetie.