Tuesday, February 23, 2010

TEARS

Before I became a mom I was a rather unemotional person. I got very happy and laughed all the time, but I really didn't get very sad. Nothing made me cry. While I was pregnant with my son I remember tearing up while watching Oprah and wonder what was wrong with me.

When my son was born I teared up, which was basically like bawling my eyes out for me.

I remember when I realized I was changing: My son's first few days home from the hospital. I had taken a nap (hello exhaustion!). I awoke to discover the my husband had taken the baby for an hour or so. They returned home probably 15 minutes after I woke up, but I sat by the window and cried my eyes out. I was an emotional wreck. I thought I was going crazy.

It was like motherhood opened something up in me.

Tweleve years later, after I had Brenna, I find myself crying at commercials.

Losing her has opened up something else in my. It's a whole new emotional level that I've never experienced.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Something I love about being Leila's mommy is that it has added a new layer to me. Maybe it's maturity, or experience, but I love that I'm now more complicated than I was before.

Not to keen that my baby had to die for that to happen, though. :)

Hugs, sister. Embrace who you are now! Because it's beautiful!

Emmy said...

Something I love about being Leila's mommy is that it has added a new layer to me. Maybe it's maturity, or experience, but I love that I'm now more complicated than I was before.

Not to keen that my baby had to die for that to happen, though. :)

Hugs, sister. Embrace who you are now! Because it's beautiful!