Wednesday, February 24, 2010

POSITIVE

My step-daughter called yesterday to tell me she is having another baby. I was immediately happy and really excited. She's 24 and married. I love her four year old son like nothing else, and I'm so happy to have another baby in the family.


I've mentally prepared myself for this. Although they weren't trying, common sense told me they would eventually have another baby. It was just a matter of time.




Surprisingly it does not bother me. Maybe because I feel like her babies are my babies. Maybe because I love her and want her to be happy. I'm not sure. Whatever the reason I could not be more excited.



Now my best friend is pregnant, and her pregnancy bothers me to no end. I hate talking to her about it. I think the reason is because deep down I don't feel she deserves it. For many reasons, which I would rather not go into detail about. But basically I'm being judgemental (I admit it) and I don't think she's lived her life right, and I don't feel like she deserves a baby. She's not a very good mom to the kid she already has. Why should she get another one to screw up?



I find myself doing that now: judging whether or not I feel someone "deserves" to have a baby. I have no idea who I consider to be worthy. Some pregnancies just bother me and others don't.



All I know is that I'm happy for this new baby to come into our lives.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Congrats!
This: Some pregnancies just bother me and others don't. is STILL how I feel. I don't know if that will ever change.
I'm so excited for your family! And since they'll be (basically) 5 years apart, M will be such a great big help and so much fun with the whole thing. =)

Breanna said...

Im so happy for you and your family =)

Out of the blue: When I got my new atm card they spelled my name wrong and forgot the first "A" So my name on my card right now is "Brenna" instead of "Breanna".. When I noticed that, all I could think about is you and your beautiful baby girl =) Everytime I look at my card, I smile and think of you Brenna =)

B's Mom said...

Breanna, That made my day. Thanks!