Wednesday, February 10, 2010

POOR BABY

Rosie
No, my Christmas tree is not still up! This is from December.

My husband ended up taking Rosie into the vet yesterday. Her "scrape" turned out to be much worse than we thought. She acutally took a chunk of flesh off- we just couldn't tell because it had scabbed over. She ended up have to stay at the vets and had surgery last night to clean out the wound and stitch it up. They wanted her to stay overnight, but my husband knew I'd be a wreck so he drove to pick her up last night (in a blizzard) and assured the doctor we'd keep a good eye on her. Of course I feel incredibly guilty that we didn't realize this was a serious injury, she knows it and she's milking it for everything it's worth!


The amount of money we have spent at the vets this past year is insane. He must get so excited when he sees us pull in the driveway.


At least she got a kick ass shave down on part of her body. I think it works for her.



2 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

She's so sweet. Poor baby. Give her a kiss from me.

Kristi said...

Awwww, poor girl!Looks like she escaped having to have a drain tube though. Karleigh says "poor puppy!" and wants to know if you know what happened or if she just showed up with an owie. ;)