Saturday, May 2, 2009

YOU JUST NEVER KNOW

I still find it amazing how you just never know who is part of our little club.

I was talking with a new co-worker and she was telling me about a hospital experience she had. "Turns out I was having a miscarriage" she said, and a look crossed her face that let me know it was still painful to talk about. Even 15 years later.

Last week we were talking again, and I told her that I had recieved a blood transfusion last year. She asked me if I minded her asking why. I told her to whole story. She was very sorry, and then shared with me that her miscarriage was a second trimester loss, and that she and her husband struggled with infertility for almost 5 years before having their son. I instantly felt a connection with her.

I also learned that another co-worker recently lost an infant daughter to SIDS.

Our company is pretty small. It suprised me that there were so many members of our sad little group, and I didn't even know it.

I guess you just never know. It's not like we wear a badge or anything.

No comments: