Monday, May 5, 2008

What!?!

I ran across this article while my son was at the dentist today. I had to look it up and read it again because I thought I was missing something. Please read for yourself and tell me if I'm crazy.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20033199,00.html

Part of me understands what they are saying about mourning. But why is it wrong to allow your children to mourn? Do you think you are doing them a favor by not having any pictures of thier sister and not allowing them to take time to grieve? I totally do not understand how someone who claims to be a pastor would give people advice like this!

Tell me if I'm missing something. Because to me it doesn't sound like they healed, it sounds like they are in denial.

(FYI- I also read they have adopted a baby girl, and I really am happy for them.)

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I agree with you Holli, sounds like they are "stuffing" and totally in denial... a woman can mourn quickly? What in the world is THAT supposed to mean? It really is too bad that those are the views that were published. Sad.

Mom to 2 boys +? said...

That sounds really strange to me, but to each his own I guess. It's doesn't sound very healthy and it seems like it's a little too over the top or put on. I really wish someone somewhere would give an accurate portrayal of this process and not keep glossing over it!

Anonymous said...

I think they are in denial too!

Zackery's Mom said...

It really saddens me that even those that are in the public eye gloss over the loss of a child as if mourning stops!
Denial, denial, denial!
The least they could have done was educate the public but I guess that wouldn't have been good for ratings. **insert eyes rolling here**

tiger said...

I love it! Very creative!That's actually really cool.
謝謝你的文章分享
尋人,徵信公司,外遇,抓姦,徵信社,尋人,徵信公司,外遇,抓姦,徵信,尋人,徵信公司,外遇,抓姦,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,徵信公司,尋人,徵信社,尋人,徵信公司,外遇,抓姦,徵信社,尋人,徵信公司,外遇,抓姦,徵信社