Friday, April 29, 2011

YOGA

I began getting migraines a few years ago. I just thought it was something I had to deal with. Until I hurt my back and went to the chiropractor for relief. After several sessions with the chiropractor I realized my headaches had gone away.

My problem is actually in my lower back. My hips have been uneven for as long as I can remember. I had an x-ray taken when I was in fourth grade and they showed my hips were uneven back then. What happens is when your lower back is out of whack your upper back (in my case neck area) will have to balance things out. In my case it causes me to have severe headaches and extreme pain in my neck.

About six weeks ago I started doing yoga. I could feel a difference in my body almost immediately. One of the poses (can't remember the name) is supposed to align your hips. It hurts so bad when I do it, but within a day or two I feel like a million bucks! (After the pain has worn off, of course!)

I didn't realize how well this was working until yesterday when I woke up with another migraine. My husband took one look at me and said "You haven't been doing your yoga, have you?". It's true, I've slacked off the past two weeks. I can feel it and I'm paying for it now.

For the recored, I don't do the chanting and stuff. That's not for me. But I do meditate and do the exercises and it really makes a different in my overall well being.

If you haven't tried it I highly suggest you do. Even if you get a video and try it in your living room.

**Funsize had the closest guess as to what the word from yesterday meant. It actually means a love for hotels and inns. **

This post is part of the A to Z Challenge.