Wednesday, April 13, 2011

KILLER

Last year almost 40,000 American woman died of breast cancer. (Link)

One in eight woman will develop breast cancer over their lifetime.

As of last year there were 2.5 million breast cancer survivors in the US.

About a quarter of women who are diagnosed with breast cancer have no family history.


This weekend I am doing my part to fight breast cancer, and I'm going to have a kick ass time doing  it. I'm going to the Bringing Back the 80's Festival in Frankenmuth, MI. I've went the last two years and had a blast. It's something we look forward to every year.

Besides, it's not everyday my husband can dress up like this for a good cause:












This post is part of the A to Z Challenge.

10 comments:

Bethany said...

As a Breast Cancer survivor (with no prior family history) - thank you!

Breanna said...

I love his shirt! That is where I am at!!

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, great event for a great cause! I wish you a lot of luck with it!

Candyland said...

My best friend's mom is a survivor.

Jayme said...

What a great cause :)

Kristi said...

In a word: AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Love that outfit! It's definitely an eye catcher.

No breast cancer in my family, but I know it still can happen to anyone. Thanks for the reminder.
Ann Carbine Best’s Long Journey Home

A Hootie Hoot said...

Wow - that's some outfit! Gotta love the retro cell phone too. Love that you're doing the sign language pictures for each day's post.

By the way, I just awarded you with The Versatile Blogger Award. Please go to http://ahootiehoot.blogspot.com to claim your award!

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

I just had my first mammogram today. couldn't be a more timely post for me. Your blog is lovely.

Anonymous said...

By hook or by crook.