Monday, September 8, 2008

Should Be...

Today has just been a craptastic day. My periods have been horrible since my surgery. Last month on Brenna's due date, I don't think I blogged about this, but as if the day wasn't shitty enough, my body had to start the most horrible, bloody period of all time. It was like even mother nature had to remind me of what I didn't have.

I have felt like crap today. I could say it's my period, but it's not. I didn't know what it was, but today just felt crappy. I was sad all day, and I don't feel like myself at all. Then it dawned on me-- she should be one month old today. Today is the 8th.

We went to a wedding this weekend, and there was a few babies there. We were all pregnant at the same time. It sucked my ass. That is probably why I drank too much. I ended up dropping my camera and breaking it. That of course, was the topper to an otherwise perfect day.

Then my friend called me to tell me that an old friend was killed in a car accident. Carrie and I worked together as teenagers at the same restaurant. I remember when she started dating Dan who also worked with us. At the time, I had no idea that they would date through college and end up getting married. She had a one year old son, and was seven months pregnant with a little girl when she died. From what I understand her husband lost control of the car and ended up crashing into a tree. Carrie and the baby died, and her husband is in critial condition and may not make it. Their son was in the car, but he wasn't seriously injured. I hadn't seen her in a few years, but we did go to the same church as teenagers, and I got to know her through there. She was a vibrant person who everyone liked. She was one of those people who was genuinely nice. She was always smiling and bubbly. She was just a wonderful person. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers. Especially her little guy, who won't even get to know how wonderful his mother was.

5 comments:

Mrs. Mother said...

I am so sorry about your friend. I will be keeping the family in my thoughts. I'm sorry you had an awful day. I hope the next few are better.

CLC said...

Oh, god, how awful. I am so sorry about your friend.

Tiff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffi33 said...

Oh god, that is horribly tragic..
I am sorry!

Anonymous said...

Holli,

I am so sorry that you had such a terrible day and I'm sorry for your friend's death and for her baby. I will pray for her entire family.

((hugs)) to you for missing Brenna, too.