Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Horrible

I did not plan on posting tonight, but this has bothered me so much I have to tell you all. This happened. Basically a couple was driving home and some dumbass kid was drunk driving, ran a stop sign, and hit them. The woman was eight months pregnant. The crash actually ripped open her uterus, the baby came out, and his ambilical cord was severed. He ended up bleeding to death through his ambilical cord.

Have you ever heard of anything worse? I think the part that bothers me the most is that she will never get to hold her baby (because she is in a coma, and will be for weeks). She will never get to see what he really looked like or know how small he was. She will never get to kiss him, or smell him, or cradle him in her arms. For those of you who've lost a baby, you know how important that is.

Please pray for Angie. She is still in a coma, and if she survives, she is expected to have a very long recovery. She will not walk for a year. Please keep her and baby Logan in your thoughts.

6 comments:

Hollie said...

Oh my goodness! How awful! All because of some stupid young kid...

My prayers will absolutely be with Angie and baby Logan!

Mrs. Spit said...

what a terrible thing, and what a sensless tragedy. . .

Mrs. Mother said...

That is horrible. I hate drunk drivers. I hope she is able to recover.

mrsmuelly said...

Gracious - that's awful. I just can't imagine. Angie and her family will be in my prayers.

Brittni said...

Thats horrible. My Grandmother lives in Caro and she read about it in the papers and we were actually talking about it this evening. I pray he gets what he deserves and I pray for her family and that baby Logan watches over and protects her.

Brittni said...

At one point my entire family on both my moms and dads side lived in Caro so I did basically grow up there. I honestly haven't been back there since 2001 or 2002. I need to go back and see my Grandmother since she is now the only one of my family members living there.

I wish my SIL would give up the baby so that someone deserving could have it. She won't though and as snide as this may sound sometimes I want to call CPS on her in hopes that they take it from her.