Wednesday, July 1, 2009

WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT

Last month one of my clients had a baby and I sent her a flower/plant to her office to congratulate her. Today I received a thank you note in the mail. It said thank you and went on to say how every time she looks at the plant she thinks of how lucky she is to have this little bundle of joy in her life, how in love they are, and how adorable the baby is. I was surprised by how much that note bothered me. It didn't bother me at all when she had the baby. It didn't bother me to go pick out a gift. I didn't think twice about it. I don't know if it was because I wasn't expecting it... For whatever reason that card made me feel sick to my stomach.

Just when I think I am OK, something happens that makes me realize I will never be over the loss of my daughter. I will always feel a twinge of pain every time I hear the words "dead baby". I think that as long as I live, I will keep having these little surprise twinges of pain.

I guess that's just one of the perks of being a deadbabymom.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Nothing takes away the twinges of pain. Not even being pregnant again and the hope that you will somehow obtain the happiness so felt by others...

Yes, what a pitiful club we are in :(

MendedHeart said...

With time healing comes but there will always be moments that one cracks up out of the blue... I honestly hope that someday you will be blessed again: with a healthy baby. I believe in miracles, I always have - sometimes I was even amazed at how prayers of mine were answered. Hugs!

mrsmuelly said...

I agree...I think it's just one of the "perks" as well. There's always something that can set me off, and I never know what that is.