Saturday, June 6, 2009

7 Things


Lindsay nominated me for this award.


I have to list seven things I love, and seven bloggers I love.
Here are my seven things

1. I love God. I am not a perfect person. I sometimes swear. I like to drink beer on occasion. But, I love the Lord. I sometimes wonder where He is leading my life, but I always know He is leading it.

2. I love my husband. There is no doubt in my mind that he is the person I was meant to spend my life with. Sometimes he irritates me (like a few days ago when he left the gallon of milk on the counter all night!) but I would not trade him for the world. I know we are an odd couple. I know not everyone thinks we "go together", but I really don't care. He has a tendency to be kind of a jerk at times- but never to me. He has a soft spot for me and I know- and love it!

3. My kids. Everyone always says that being a mom is their most important job but I really feel that I was put on this earth to mother my children. I love them more than words can even express.

4. My grandson. He is the light of my life. I could not love him more if I gave birth to him myself. I thought it would be weird being a grandma so young, but I love it. I wouldn't change it for the world.

5. My family. My siblings mean the world to me. I have so much fun with them. I couldn't imagine being an only child. My mother has sacrificed so much for us. There are a lot of things about my mom that I admire.

6. My dog. She's a shih tzu that we rescued 10 years ago. She's 11 now, and I already get sad when I think about her not being around anymore. I love her like a child. I really mean that. I love her. She's had her moments though- like when she killed a kitten years ago- and the summer that she ripped out every screen in our house- but she's over her issues and is a wonderful dog. I half jokingly tell my husband that I'm saving her DNA to clone her. If I had the money I would seriously do it.

7. Shopping. Let's face it. It's at the top of my list. I love shopping. I love a good "deal". I live near an outlet mall, and it's had disastrous consequences for my checkbook. I can't remember the last time I paid full price for anything. I never pay retail. If it's not on sale, I won't buy it. One time I bought an office chair (the one I'm sitting on right now) for $50. The receipt said "You saved $149". I still have that receipt. I was so proud of it.

Seven bloggers that I love

JenJen- My uterine rupture sister
Katie- who loves people even when they don't deserve it.
CLC- who gave me good advice as the beginning of this journey
Kristie- the first DBM I met
Christine- my DBM guru
Aunt Becky- just because she's funny

1 comment:

Aunt Becky said...

Am gushy now. Thank you so much, lover!