Monday, April 27, 2009

MY GRANDSON

I was 28 when my step-daughter had her baby. Everyone laughed about me becoming a grandma so young, but it is one of the greatest joys of my life. At the hospital when he was being born, I kept going into the bathroom and crying because I was so everwhelmed with emotion. I loved my stepdaughter, and I knew I was going to love her son, but I was not prepared to fall in love with him. The minute I held him I was in love. And I still am.


He's 3 now, and he comes over everyday when his dad is out of town for work. He calls me GG (which has a back story that I will not share because it's embarassing!). I can always tell when he is tired because he wants to cuddle with me. That is when he loves me the most- when he's tired. I eat it up. He doesn't really call my son Uncle Brendan. Instead he calls him My Brendan, which my son loves. He really loves his nephew, and brags to all his friends at school that he's an uncle.


People are still shocked when I tell them I'm a grandma, but it doesn't phase me anymore. I love being a grandma. I wouldn't mind if she gave me another grandbaby! (Hint, hint!)



5 comments:

Mrs. Mother said...

I know the two of you are not biologically related but I think you look sorta alike. Maybe it's the cute cheeks.

Breanna said...

He is too cute!!!



I have something for you on my blog :) look at 4/21 :)

Jen said...

AWWW...I've really enjoyed this show and tell of your family. Your grandson looks a lot like his mommy!

mrsmuelly said...

Aww, he's adorable!

Aunt Becky said...

He's killing me with cuteness from that picture!