Saturday, February 19, 2011

SAY WHAT?

I'm trying to decide what direction to take my career. I want to finish my degree, but I'm not sure I want to finish the degree I originally started with. So I've been reading whatever job related article Yahoo has on my homepage when I go to check my email.

Yesterday they had this article. It lists five growing careers that don't require a four year degree. I noticed Adminstrative Assistant was number four. The article claims that secretaries are expected to experience a large job growth in the next few years.

Then today Yahoo had this article on there. It says that a secretary is a job "headed for the trash pile". It claims that 30,000 of these jobs were lost in 5 years.

Does anyone at Yahoo even read what they post?

Maybe they need to hire a secretary.

No comments: