Thursday, October 29, 2009

I WANT TO BE A "J"

I have a friend that I work with, I will call her "J". She is one of my favorite people in the world. She is so upbeat and happy. She's a honest person. Hard worker. She doesn't have a lot in life, but she is happy with what she has. I just really like her a lot.

Her husband has terminal cancer. In fact, he has end stage cancer, and will probably not be here for Christmas. She is (obviously) broken up over this, and my just breaks for her. Due to a bunch of red tape he lost his life insurance, and now she is going to have to pay for his funeral as well. An expense she didn't foresee.

Even with all of this, she comes to work with a smile on her face. Telling jokes and making everyone around her laugh. She is a true joy to be around. I want to be more like her.

My work is holding a fundraiser for her next week. I think it is the least we can do for her.

Would you please keep J and her husband in your prayers. Hospice has come in to administer pain meds for him. They have a very rough few weeks ahead of them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

J and her husband are in my prayers.

Lindsay said...

I sure will. By the time hospice was coming to deliver pain meds to my aunt, it was very near the end. That is terrible that she lost the insurance, so sad. You seem like a great friend to her and I'm sure she appreciates it more than you know... xoxox

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

They are absolutely in my prayers, as are you.

Emmy said...

We'll be praying...

Ashley D said...

This just breaks my heart. Many prayers sent for her family.

Aunt Becky said...

Praying. Always.