Wednesday, October 27, 2010

DUE DATE

I'm sorry for not posting earlier. My life has been insane lately.

I had no idea it's been so long since I posted.

Well, Jen came down with strep a few days after her amnio. Her midwife told her that an infection can make amnio results wacky, so they were thinking that is the reason for the immature results. She went in the next week planning on having another amnio, but the hospital wouldn't allow it. I think they just didn't want to admit it could have been lab error. Sothey sent her home again, and told her she has to wait until 39 weeks, which is this Friday.

I should add that after her last baby they told her that the way her uterus is tipped she will probably never go into labor on her own. So we are all aware that her labor will have to be induced.

Anyway, she went in today and requested a growth ultrasound. They estimated the baby to weigh 10 pounds 9 ounces! We have a friend who just had a 10 pound baby a few weeks ago (must be in the water) and the delivery was very tramatic. The baby had to spend more than a week in the NICU. Obviously, this scarred Jen, and so she decided to go ahead and schedule a c-section. Her first baby was almost 10 pounds, and he was very blue when he was born. I think she just wants to go the safest route, and I really feel like she is doing the right thing.

So, I will be having a new grandbaby this Friday. Squeeeee!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I can't even fathom pushing out a 10 pound baby! Good luck to Jenna this Friday with her c-section...

Update us :) If not here then fb!

winner said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^